Saturday, February 27, 2010

joy in the journey

it's been a very busy week...2 funerals, extra meetings, trying to work ahead on my sermon for next week...just plain busy. although I long ago resigned myself to the fact that that's just the way life works, there are days/weeks/seasons when life truly is busier than normal. and since we are short-staffed @ church and desperately trying to catch up, my schedule has been crazy! pastor terry has referred to our situation as "survival mode"...and that pretty much sums it all up.

I have been enjoying this season though...as there is always lots to do, there is also always lots more to be thankful for! the best part has been the harvest of souls...we have seen around 40 people trust Christ for salvation in the last 2 months! that is truly exciting and plenty of reason to keep rejoicing!

we have also enjoyed good family time. last saturday Carissa and I built a tent for Jolie out of pvc pipe and bedsheets...lots of fun! and I can't believe all the words she is saying...she brings so much laughter and so many smiles into our home! and it's been exciting to watch, even tonight, as Carissa's belly rocks from Judah's kicks and punches...can't believe we're only about 3 months away from holding him! and we're also looking forward to seeing family soon. chris and veronica are getting married in a month...wow! and then Carissa & Jolie are planning a trip out to massachusetts over spring break. i'm glad they are going, but I wish I could go too...but I gotta save up my vacation time for Judah's arrival!

and I haven't even mentioned that we're still planning on moving to NC at the end of june...one of these days we'll plop down on the couch, look at each other, sigh, and ask, "how did we get through all that?". and the answer of course will be: "God." which may sound cliche, but we are accutely aware that we are utterly dependent on Him.

so we lay our heads down each night exhausted but thankful that we can trust in a sovereign God. and we rejoice each day. because, as I was reminded by michael card today, there is a joy in the journey!

- Posted from my iPod

No comments: