Saturday, February 13, 2010

rest

rest. sometimes it's hard for me to get rest, and then sometimes when i'm resting it's hard to know if i've really rested. know what i mean?

i've had a couple days here to stay home and not have to go anywhere or really do anything. i look forward to days like these, but sometimes it's a struggle to feel satisfied when it doesn't seem like i've accomplished much. but maybe that's the point of rest...

really, the past 2 days have been a wonderful time of hanging out with my girls...sleeping in, making breakfast together, playing whatever Jolie wants, reading, talking, and just enjoying my family! growing in my relationships with Carissa & Jolie...now that's accomplishing something! and that is satisfying. maybe rest is relational. and the only accomplishment in rest is just that: rest.

thank You, Lord, for the gift of rest!

- Posted from my iPod

No comments: