Monday, February 15, 2010

carissa, my love...

what a joy my wife is to me.

usually when valentine's day approaches i feel a little anxious and rushed trying to figure out something to do for carissa that will tell her i love her. this year i waited until the 11th hour...in between services sunday morning! and nothing says 'i love you' quite like a mcdonalds breakfast! it wasn't much. really i don't have a fascinating story to brag about...like sky-diving with a sign that says 'i love you', or buying a really fancy piece of jewelry, or writing a love song...but we had time this weekend to just...be with each other.

and as i take time to just look @ her and take her in...i fall in love all over again. she is breathtaking! she is my beauty. and just talking to her fills my heart with warmth, comfort and continual mystery. i love that. she is my friend. and she is my joy. what a gift she is to me!

carissa, my love, you are my valentine!

No comments: