Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a fortress in fearing

read a cool proverb this morning: he who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge (prov. 14:26).

just thinking about my little girl lately. carissa and i watched "father of the bride" on monday, and it's amazing to think how little time we will have with jolie alanna. she hasn't even arrived yet and we're already worrying about when we'll put her in kindergarten, what books i want to read to her at bed-time, what interests will drive us crazy through her high school years, when i'll have to buy my first shot-gun to ward off the boys, who she'll end up marrying...i mean...wow! there's a lot to worry about! and if my life's flown by so fast...it's just scary to think about...

but then i read a proverb like this that gives me divine insight into the source of my security.

it's in the fear of the Lord.

my fortress is Him.

and by choosing to live in a conscious state of healthy fear in recognition of His holiness and character, He will also protect and secure my wonderful wife and little girl.

i can trust in the Lord.

i can't imagine not having that fortress to run back to. not having a real source of security.

our God is good. all the time.

No comments: