Monday, May 12, 2008

after

my time of solitude did not disappoint. solely because my God cannot disappoint.

it was amazing, to say the least! energizing. refreshing. refocusing. fulfilling. just...wonderful. because my God is wonderful!

as i sat in the quiet of the woods, listening to the gurgle of the gentle waterfall and the rustle of leaves in the trees as the wind and the occasional squirrel disturbed them, i communed with God. it was a holy place. because God was there with me. He reminded me of what He has done in my life over the last 15 years or so. He encouraged and strengthened me with His Words. He filled my heart with love...reminding me that my relationship with Him is my most valuable treasure and my dependence upon Him is of utmost importance. and He filled my lungs with song. and the song that had to burst of out of my mouth embodied all that He was impressing on me:

just give me Jesus!

No comments: