Wednesday, June 27, 2007

don't put off today...

i had a friend named dave.

i met him at moody, and we instantly became friends. dave had an incredible reputation of being a man who loved God. that's why i wanted to be around dave. see, when i first arrived at moody on orientation day i received some of the best advice i've ever gotten. dr. joe stowell (one of my heroes) was the president at the time, and he told us that first day in chicago, "find someone who's a couple steps ahead of you in their walk with Christ, and latch on!"

i just remember hearing dave pray in a group one time, and it was like he was sitting in the throne-room of heaven communing with God Almighty. so i made a decision as i listened to him pray...i wanted to talk to God like dave did. i wanted that kind of relationship with the Lord.

so i asked dave one day if he would help me learn how to pray. and he and i began to meet on a weekly basis to go to our school's prayer chapel and pray together. i remember walking out of the prayer closet constantly asking each other, "why don't we do this more often?"

it's because we get "so busy".

well, i don't think i want to get to the end of my life and realize i was just "so busy" every year of my life that i just didn't really have time to commune with God in His awesome presence. in fact, i think i'd rather have worn-out knees and have spent most of my time consciously crying out, thanking, praising, and listening to Him instead. i'd love to have a deep and intimate relationship with Him.

but i've got a lot of immediate responsibilities right now....so i guess i'll have to start tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My family members every time say that I am killing my time here at
web, except I know I am getting know-how everyday by reading thes pleasant
content.

Also visit my web site - Choice Green Coffee Diet