Friday, June 22, 2007

coffee, coasters and carissa

it has begun. my ever-increasing fascination with coffee has plunged to new depths. wednesday night...i officially roasted my first batch of coffee!!! using our old-fashioned stove-top popcorn popper i began what i hope to become an exciting journey or at least an enjoyable past-time. my inspiration comes from a good friend and creator of charlie's joe...chuck unseld. he's gotten me hooked on this stuff...and as long as it doesn't cost us insane amounts of money, my wife is totally on board! coffee...just one of my favorite things.

then yesterday we took our youth group to king's island in ohio!! we had a blast! i love roller coasters...and anything that takes me up really high, drops me, flips me around...wow! so...they have this new ride, firehawk....amazing!! i guess it's like the superman at six flags (but i've never been on that). you hang face down and fly face first...oh man! it was sweet! so we had an awesome time with rides and lots and lots of park food! cheesy fries, funnel cakes, slushies, dip n dots, cotton candy, you name it, we got it! just a few more of my favorite things.

and can i just say?....i love my wife! she is amazing, and makes my day...everyday!
carissa...she is my favorite!

1 comment:

reaching said...

Hey bro!

I was at the mission today and saw that the popper was gone. Was it you?

You gotta let me know how the roasting went. If you need some more practice joe, let me know.

Yer hooked and it will never go away.

HA!

Welcome to the addicted masses.

C