Thursday, March 25, 2010

on the way to a wedding...

so my little brother is getting married tomorrow. crazy! he's now an official marine, tomorrow he'll become a husband, in just a few months he'll be serving in afghanistan, and i'm praying that the LORD uses all of this to continue to make Him into a strong man of God who leads his family well. still hard to believe that this is happening, but it's also an exciting season of life for our fam!

God is good all the time. and it's these celebratory events that remind me how much i have to be thankful for...especially my family. God has given me such a beautiful family!! my pretty, pretty girl, jolie. i love watching the light in her eyes...i love listening to her jump up and down in her crib as she waits for me to finish this blog and come rescue her. yesterday i enjoyed a little "tea time" with her...she's just so fun to play with! and then there's the kicks and nudges of my son. only 2 months till judah's born! can't wait...

then there is my baby. my joy. my best friend. my lover. i don't know what i'd do without her. my beautiful wife, carissa.

i have 3 huge reasons to be thankful today! plus the fact that i get to spend the day with them today...albeit in the car...but on the way to ohio (the motherland, and another reason to be thankful) to share in the joy of a wedding!

so i'd better get packing.

thank You, LORD!

- Posted from my iPod

1 comment:

Brent, Hannah, and Madison Hall said...

I hope you all enjoy your time together! I can't believe all the Hoenshell's are married off!!! A great blessing for your parents.