Monday, January 4, 2010

the first sunday of dedication

awesome first sunday in the new facility! and a surprisingly smooth soft-launch...we really didn't have any hiccups worth recognizing. and from what i'm told, for a first sunday in a new building that's an incredible feat. praise God! and a big thanks to (and for) all the people whose service made that possible!

it was tremendously impacting to me to have the service so focused on the Word of God. we had one of our older members bring the Bible into the auditorium as the congregation stood out of respect...wow! thank You for Your Word, Lord! and then our only remaining charter member, lucille ronk, read the last few verses of revelation out loud (finishing our read-through of the whole Bible to dedicate the new facility). impacting.

reminded me of when i fell in love with God's Word. it started for me at an early age in a solid Bible-preaching church...but really started to take deep root in my heart during my year at Word of Life Bible institute. that's when i experienced the Word of God changing me the clearest, and i had no doubt that i wanted to spend the rest of my life studying Its truths and sharing them with others.

so i'm excited to make this the year of the Bible. it's a resolution of mine for this year: to read through the whole Bible with my wife. Lord, do it again...continue to use your Word to change me...i want to be holy and pleasing to You!

No comments: