Thursday, May 7, 2009

Different

looking forward to preaching this sunday.

this has been one of those passages that's really challenged me. we're talking about the fruit of the spirit, and this week we're focusing on joy & peace. 2 things that are definitely gifts from God. but i've been realizing how often i miss out on these gifts because i respond to the difficulties and challenges in life like the rest of the world does.

but God's people are called to live differently. even if we face trials and tough circumstances we can have true joy because of Christ! He is in control and is a good God. so often we just get frustrated and angry at our circumstances or people in our lives and take it out on them. instead of exhibiting and sharing the joy and peace that comes from God we end up complaining and arguing...just like the rest of the world!

we're called to live differently so people will see the difference in our lives = CHRIST! but when we respond to the difficulties of life like everyone else we miss an opportunity to let our lives speak the wonderful difference that Jesus makes!

i'm ashamed at how often my response to something i don't like or just my attitude about it is so self-centered.

Father, help me die to myself today and put others first. Give me a self-sacrificing love for You that motivates me to respond differently when things don't go my way. Remind me of the joy i have IN YOU and the peace i have WITH YOU..the peace that will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:4-9).

No comments: