Monday, November 2, 2009

my "pilgrim's perspective"

pastor terry's message yesterday resonated an ancient chord in my heart. one that has echoed through the hall of faith for a few thousand years. we are pilgrim's on a journey to heaven. look @ Hebrews 11:13-14. i love that idea. i used to scrawl these words in the edges of my Bible whenever i came across this idea in Scripture: "heaven-bound". it's a reality that can quickly fade into a simple notion, which can then quickly fade into a distant memory, which can then slip out of conscious altogether in our over-stimulated, immediate-driven world. but it's a truth my soul must rehearse regularly...or my sin-prone heart will fall in love with this fallen world all too easily:

i am a pilgrim.

on sundays, i have the privilege of hearing the sermon twice (usually), and it helps me as i process. so these are just a few thoughts i typed through second service in an attempt to make it personal and applicable to me:

"this world is not my home, i'm just a-passin' through..."
i have a citizenship that is not of this world, it's a heavenly citizenship! and i'm on my way to glory!

Q: am I living like a pilgrim? or am I living like a settler?

am I in love with this world? do I long for the things of this world? am I holding onto "my stuff" like it's really mine? am I stewarding what Jehovah-Jireh, my Adonai, has entrusted to me?

my blessings to steward:
• His Word
• salvation
• carissa
• jolie
• food
• house
• time
• money
• van
• friends
• ministry
• teaching Gifts
• preaching Gifts
• leadership Gifts
• education
• technology

travel light and prepare God's gifts for His return, that we can give them back to Him for His glory!

No comments: