Thursday, June 4, 2009

a few scribbles and overnight french toast

so i've just passed the quarter of a century mark in life. on monday i turned 25. i had an awesome day with my fam. we went to the free zoo in lafayette, took a kids' train ride, went to am. eagle for some new jeans (compliments of a gift card from my parents), and topped it off with a steak dinner at logan's with my girls!

but i must be getting older because i find myself appreciating the little things more than i used to.

as a kid, the zoo and the train would've been sweet! and in high school it would have made my day to get a pair of jeans that weren't from wal-mart. and then tuesday we took our youth group to king's island which used to be the trip i looked forward to all year!

so it's been a great week. but the best things this week were a couple small gifts that i would have brushed off as a kid.

monday morning carissa brought me overnight french toast in bed. she had thought about me the night before and knew what would bring a smile to my face in the morning. the french toast was amazing...but i love her.

then in all the presents there was a little card to "daddy" and on the inside were a few scribbles that jolie had managed to create (mostly by herself). no words. no pictures. but it was beautiful. i love her.

what a blessed man i am to have 2 wonderful girls in my life!

thank You, Lord!

2 comments:

Melody Peacock said...

So happy to see that you do truly know the real blessings God has given you.

Bloggers-Wife said...

i thank God for you now, and will teach jolie to be thankful for you (that will come easily...you're an amazing dad) in the future......you are the world to your "girls"...we love you!